Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lament/Repent

LAMENT
You have asked me the one question that made me stop and think so hard
You made me wonder and ponder this question: for You, just how far?
You asked such a great cost, a price I now have to face and pay
You asked for my life and you left me crying for two days

Is this how much it cost to see these young ones grow?
Is this the value in exchange just for You in me to glow?
Is this what I must lay down to see this nation changed?
Is this what You require for me to glorify Your name?

I am already broken and stripped of all that I held dear
I am already down, bowed low and humbled by Your fear
I am already out my comforts and I don't know where I am
I am hanging on Your every word because I know in You I can


REPENT
But You say, "all you lose is gain to Me, if you come and seek My face
And if you just boldly come to Me, you surely will find grace
"
You tell me to press on and run to You because You see
The man that I can truly be – my all, my destiny


You say, "no cost is greater than a man lay down His life
My Son was hung upon that cross to bring end to your strife
You say to Me I ask too much to want your life laid down,
But, child, that is exactly where your life in Me is found
."

"I've given you the best there is and I spared no expense
My love for you has been expressed, you can't expect no less.
I only ask that you trust Me in all the ways I move
For when you lay down everything, you'll see that I'll approve
."

"You'll see that all along my heart was truly all for you
That even if you fall away I'm still in love with you
You never lose what you entrust to Me, so just let go by faith
For when you truly trust in Me, you'll clearly see the Way
."

No comments: