Monday, July 7, 2008

An Open Letter to the Former Bearer of Light

You can come against me all you want. I will never leave my God. You can tempt me all you please. I’ve decided to set my face like flint. You can try your best to scare me off my wits. I will cling to the promises of my King. You may lure me with the things my wayward heart desires. But my passion for the Uncreated One will overrun and overtake all of me. And I have decided to burn my flesh as an offering to my Lord. You may succeed at silencing my voice. But only for a while for I will break out with shouts of victory and joy.

In case you forgot, I am already victorious in Christ and, at best, all you can do is try. For you have already been defeated. You are loser of all losers. You are failure of all failures.

You think you’ve got the upper hand just because I sometimes fall and falter? No way! “Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; though I fall I will rise; though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me.” You think you’ve got the better of me just because I am weak? No way! His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in my weakness. You think that just because you are still able to taunt me that I will always be cowed? No way! I have not been given a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline; and I am changed from glory to glory in the presence of my God!

Let me give you some perspective: you had your chance. You were made blameless in your ways from the day you were created. You had the best job anyone in heaven could have been given. But you wanted more and wickedness was found in you. Then you decided to ascend to heaven and raise your throne above the stars of God. Big mistake!

You had your shot, man! You had your chance! Guess what. YOU BLEW IT!

So do not come waltzing your way to me, trying to sell your stale pancakes and sweet lies because I’ve had enough of your schemes. You’ve had your fun and now it’s time to kick you butt back to your rightful place – UNDER MY FOOT!

You have already fallen like lightning from heaven. And I have been given the authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy – that would be you. Nothing will harm me, for that is what my Lord says. Let me make that plain to you: you do not have authority over me; I HAVE AUTHORITY OVER YOU – you and your minions!

My God is greater than you. My God is greater than anything you can throw at me. My God is greater than your schemes. My God is greater than your plans. My God is greater than the fears that your whisper in my ears. My God is greater than the obstacles that you put in my path. My God is greater! My God is greater! My God is greater!

He is the One who created all things. He is the One who IS IN CONTROL, not you. No matter how much you try conjure an appearance of control over things, you have squat! You can only have as much control as my God allows you. You are limited. My God is unlimited.

So yeah! You wanna tell me I’m weak? I say, yes I am. But my God is strong in me and He is greater in me than you that is in the world. You wanna tell me I’m a sinner? Sure! A sinner, but saved by grace through faith, redeemed by blood of the Lamb and adopted as a son of the Living God.

How about you? Who’s your strength? Who saves you from your sins? Who’s your daddy now?

Me? I got a Daddy in Heaven! He takes good care of me. He provides all that I need. He forgives, saves, heals, rescues, covers, protects, encourages, exalts, gives, blesses and HE LOVES ME!

Thank you for reminding me of my dependence on my God!

No comments: