Friday, June 27, 2008

Mid-Year Prophetic

I just came off a two-day revival conference held here in Cebu. It was conducted by James Horvath Ministries who brought several revivalists from all over the US and one from New Zealand.

On the second day of the conference, I had this desire to get an impartation, a prophetic word or at least a laying on of hands from Seth Fawcett, the revivalist pastor from Lower Hutt, Wellington, NZ. And although I was part of the group impartation and prophecy that Seth released to my congregation – represented by our worship team and a few Maranatha members who attended the event – I really wanted to get a personal, specific word from the Kiwi revivalist.

On my way to the evening session, I told the Lord, “I want to get an impartation from that New Zealander guy, Lord. Or a prophetic word. Or at least have him lay hands on me.”

So, the evening session began. The worship was amazing… and exhausting. After a while, when the singing was coming to a close, Dr. James Horvath (the main speaker) calls on Seth and tells him to point out the five (or so) people the Lord had earlier pointed out to him. Seth starts calling out people, identifying them by what they were wearing. I was just looking at Seth point people out, while deep inside I was hoping, wondering if I might be called out.

Then his eyes scanned the audience and locked on to me. He points to me and says, “the man with the…” He wasn’t able to say ‘stripes’ (which was what I had on – a striped shirt) but his hand made line gestures on his shirt and I knew he meant me.

It was so surreal. In my mind I was like, “Wow! Na-single out jud ko!” God really heard my heart’s desire. I was a bit nervous – I was actually shaking while making my way to the altar. Grabe jud maka-amaze si Lord!

And so, Seth starts prophesying over the people the Lord pointed out to Him. Then my turn comes. The prophetic word wasn’t that lengthy but it was what I needed.

“I’ve seen you! You will prophesy with an instrument. It may not be in a church setting. It may just be between you and the Lord. But you will prophesy with your instrument.”

This is just part of the prophesy that I got. I still have to ask my friends what they heard, because portions of it flew right past me – I was just really blown away. This guy doesn’t even know I’m a keyboard player in my congregation, and I don’t think Seth recognized me as one of the worship team members from the day sessions of the conference. So, to me, that prophetic word was really an encouragement from the Lord

So, this encounter again proves that if you just ask of God, He will answer, and that the only reason we have not is because we ask not.

Amazing God! I’ll be asking for more revelations, impartation, prophetic words from Him from now on!

No comments: