Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Prophetic History

I was googling my last name the other day in an attempt to find more descriptions of a place in Spain called Machacon. I even searched in Wikipedia with very minimal results. Went back to Google and found a very interesting piece of my family's history online.

It turns out one of my ancestors, Nicomedes Machacon, was one of the revolutionaries who fought against the 400-year Spanish colonial rule. When I read the articles at Leon Kilat and Cebu's Revolution, I got a sudden sense of alignment and confirmation of my destiny. I am a warrior intercessor who descended from a local revolutionary. How awesome is that?

Somebody in my lineage sowed a great prophetic act into my life by fighting for freedom from colonial oppression years ago. And I guess my mother and brother also prophesied over me as a kid when they teasingly called me a "freedom fighter" because I would uphold rights at a young age.

And recently, I researched on my first given name -- Michael -- and got into deeper study on the original owner of the name, the Archangel himself. He is a warrior angel, the leader of the Armies of Heaven. His name in itself was a worship to the Almighty One: "Who is like God?" It is no accident that I was given this name, in the same way it is no accident that I am a descendant of one of Cebu's revolutionaries.

And now...

...it's time to fight!

- - - - -

"Stand firm in the armor of our God
And pierce the darkness with light
All praise to the overcoming God
Let us lift our sword and fight!"

No comments: