Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lose Heart

One of the prophetic directions for this year was that it would be a year of encouraging oneself in the Lord. This is true. These days it is necessary to just really lift yourself up and encourage your spirit to hope in the Lord and to not be discouraged [everyone else seems to be too busy to do it for you. heheh].

I find myself in a season where I feel like being led by the hand of God, but with my eyes blindfolded -- I have little-to-no idea of where this road is going most of the time. I find myself asking God and myself what's going on.

I reviewed my journal the other night and was struck by how many times the Lord had spoken to me to cease striving and to just rest in Him. I seem to be forgetting that He's told me He'll take care of me so many times. But God is always gracious.

Today, I felt a few minutes of in-coming discouragement and whispered to the Lord, "please, don't let me lose heart. I do not want to be discouraged, Lord." To which He reminded me to lift myself up and to bless Him with my soul.

I ran to the Biblegateway and searched through the site using the words "lose heart". This led me to this passage in 2 Corinthians 4:16-18...

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

God strengthens the inner man daily, but we have to do our part by reading His Word and constantly reminding ourselves to praise the Lord with our inmost being. His Word in our hearts keeps it from being swayed by our light and momentary troubles. As we fix our eyes on Him, He will keep us in perfect peace and keep us from losing heart.

No comments: