Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Word + Music = Powerful Evangelism

I am currently listening to the songs that the choir is going to present on the March 15th Easter cantata and I really believe these are some of the most moving and anointed songs I have ever heard and sung with the group.

The Word of God as it is already powerful enough, but setting them into music transforms them into something quite different on its own. Personally, I find it easier to absorb scripture when set to music, and most of the verses that I have memorized are the ones that I have heard through songs.

Five years of ministry with the New Life Sounds Choir has taught me this: relaying God’s Word through music is a powerful tool of evangelism.

For this set of 15 songs that we will be singing, I am firmly believing that the Lord will do something awesome in the heart of those appointed to watch the musical. With songs based on passages of scripture – like Zephaniah 3:17 [“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”] and Micah 7:8 [“Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me.”] – I am confident that people’s eyes will be opened to the Father’s love for His children, that He truly, madly, deeply cares for us.

“Worthy of Worship” – the 2008 Easter cantata will be presented at the Maranatha World Outreach Center in Manalili corner Burgos streets, Cebu City. Everyone is invited to come, be blessed and be overwhelmed by the heavenly Father’s love.

No comments: