Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You Are the Devil and You Are Bad

I wrote this poem over a year ago and reading this again now, after finding it in my Gmail account, amazes me at how prophetic this poem is over my life. Pastor Joe often says something about poets being prophets who are ahead of their time, and how they often get it right.

I'm posting this poem here because now more than ever I feel the truth and the power of these words over my life.



you cannot cage me
i will not be contained
you cannot bind me
i will not be constrained
you cannot bar me
i will not heed your words
you cannot stop me
your words will not be heard

you may seem victorious
but i am victor still
you may seem successful
i am crusher of this hill
you may seem winning
i am champion all the way
you may seem pretty
i am brilliant everyday

you think you've won now
i am seated with the King
you think you've broken me
i am whole in Him
you think you've got me
i am safe in His great hand
you think you've floored me
i am righteous where i stand




you are the devil
and i'm not the one who's spending eternity in hell
you are bad
we both know who's got God on his back so well

No comments: