Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Psalm 23 [This is the Remix]

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
[Nor shall I be longing for things the greedy flaunt]

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
[Where I can release life's many pressures]

He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
[Then reminds me He's still God and I'm not in control]

He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
[He brings me back to His road when the other paths I take]

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
[And intentionally or otherwise be short or run out of breath]

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
[And I will not I fret or fuss or worry]

Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
[They keep me where I need to be]

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
[You also prevent me from turning into one of these]

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
[Your love and kindness through me hopefully shows]

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
[Till the sun hides from day and the moon from night]

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
[No, nothing can top that ever!]


- - - - -

The 23rd Psalm on NIV
[The remixed version by me]

No comments: