Tuesday, June 2, 2009

They Are On the Way

Lori Salley"Those Things We Think Will Never Come to Pass are on the Way!"

I want to share a little something that happened to us recently, because I think it will encourage you. The Lord encouraged me that we are going to begin seeing things that we say we never see. The things we say never happen are going to suddenly happen.

One morning, my husband Mike and I were sitting in our backyard enjoying the sun and the birds! We were discussing things of God and asking questions about different things. We started talking about the birds singing and how there are so many different kinds. As I was naming all the different types that we have seen or heard, Mike mentioned our resident eagle (he lives in our area). I said, "I have NEVER seen that eagle while sitting in our backyard. I see him while I am driving in my car, but I NEVER see him when I am just sitting here enjoying our backyard." Well, what do you think happened next? That eagle decided to fly directly in front of us from our left across the field to the right. I was in shock.

The next evening we had our home group in our backyard because the weather was so nice. While I was setting up, guess who decided to fly by?...Mr. Eagle again. I knew that God was trying to get our attention.

The Things We Think We Will Never See Come to Pass are on the Way!

The next day on Wednesday, as I was praying for someone and talking about suddenlies, the Lord spoke to my heart and conveyed this: The things that you and I catch ourselves saying never happen (concerning God, etc) are going to begin to happen.

I shared on Luke 13 recently...the story of the woman who was bound by the devil for 18 years and hunched over; suddenly, Jesus showed up and things shifted in her life, in her body and in her perspective. Who would have thought that after 18 years her healing would come? It says she was a daughter of Abraham. Her promised blessing finally came! She didn't even do anything that particular day, but just show up! That seems easy enough.

So, expect some suddenlies. Those things we think will never come to pass are on the way!

Lori Salley
Show Mercy International
Email: info@showmercy.org

About Mike and Lori Salley: Mike and Lori Salley are the founders of Show Mercy International. They reside in Albany, Oregon, with their two daughters. Mike and Lori were married in 1995 after meeting while attending Louisiana State University. They have a passion to assist the poor and hurting, specifically focusing on the orphaned and abandoned children in third world countries such as Uganda. They also have a desire to encourage people right here in the United States to pursue the dreams that God has placed in their hearts and to know that with God everything is possible. For more information on Show Mercy, go to www.showmercy.org.

2 comments:

Kathy Mitchell said...

This truly encouraged me. Thanks for sharing and being such a powerful witness.

Michael said...

you are welcome. it's good to know these posts help the brethren out there. ;o)