Friday, March 20, 2009

I've Seen Jesus... and Jesus is Alive!

Easter Sunday is fast approaching. Our congregation is looking forward to two major events in April. The first one is the Fresh Fire 2009 Youth Conference, which will be held from April 9 to 11.

The second one is the Easter presentation of the New Life Sounds Choir. The cantata is called "I'VE SEEN JESUS", and I am believing that each one of us will get a fresh encounter with Jesus through this season's cantata.

Jesus rose from the dead, overcoming the power of sin and death. Before He went back to the Father in Heaven, He appeared to His disciples for a period of 40 days.

The Easter cantata focuses on the experiences of Jesus' followers -- like Mary Magdalene, Thomas and Peter -- of seeing Him after His resurrection. The songs tell of each disciple's internal conflict of faith and doubt, of fear and hope, of sorrow and joy.

The emotions laid out in these songs resonated with me personally, and I believe, by God's grace and in the power of the Holy Spirit, that these songs will be used by God to not only resonate with people who hear them but also bring a new perspective of who the risen Jesus is.

I am believing that at the end of this cantata, we will all say, "I've seen Jesus and Jesus is alive!"


- - - - -


"I've Seen Jesus"
Easter Cantata 2009

April 4, 2009
Saturday
7pm

April 5, 2009
Sunday
9am

at the Maranatha World Outreach Center
Manalili corner Burgos streets
Cebu City

Admission is free
Come, bring your friends and loved ones
and be blessed.

No comments: