Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lose Your Voice for Your City


Five nights on the mic. Five nights on stage. Five nights of crying out to God to bring change to my city.

Evangelist Dr. James Horvath and his team of international revivalists and ministers came to Cebu City with a mandate from the Almighty God to bring a message of salvation, healing and revival to the Queen City of the South. Our worship team was asked to minister with them. It was awesome. God was awesome.

The praise and worship was intense. I knew that raising my voice to God in intercession was a powerful thing but on those five nights I realized how costly it was and that it was not only physically draining but also spiritually exhausting. You gotta give it your all when you stand in the gap for your city and for your people -- that's how I felt on those nights. I seriously sensed the Lord raising up my warfare mentality to another level.

Body, mind, soul and spirit have to be involved in worshiping God -- it's all or nothing at all. I got that understanding from the five nights we ministered with Dr. Horvath and his team. Like David who said he would not offer anything to God that cost him nothing, we -- the local and visiting forces -- gave our all for the city of Cebu. We offered what physical strength we had... and had left. We lost our voices for Cebu City.

In the last few weeks the Lord has been leading me to intercede for my city and for the youth of the city. And seeing the great things that God did in the Cebu Coliseum confirmed what the Lord has been speaking to me -- change is coming to Cebu City and the youth will be a big part of that.

I am a little hoarse today. My throat is a bit agitated. But it's worth it. I am willing to lose my voice if that's the price I have to pay to see the youth of Cebu and the city of Cebu changed, empowered and walking out the plans the Lord has for them.

To God be the glory!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahala na lang na'ng tingog! This is very inspiring. =)

Michael said...

lagi uy. things are shaking up here. as in! ;o) hehehe