Thursday, August 28, 2008

Leadership… God’s Way

God wants me to read books… again!
[Hahaha! He has a sense of humor!]


I’m not much of a bookworm but I do, every now and then, read a few good ones. This time, two of my friends from church gave me really interesting books.

The first one is entitled, Spiritual Leadership, by J. Oswald Sanders. My former discipleship classmate, Venus, gave it to me as a going away present [uhm, she was the one who went away… to Canada].

The second one is called, Experiencing God, which was given to me by one of the young men in our cell group – one Famous Warrior.

God has been preparing me for something greater in the past few months, and with these books He’s thrown my way, I’m getting an idea of what it is. I continue to pray that the Lord would sustain me and enable me to learn what I need to learn in this season of testing, training and fine-tuning.

I’ve already read the first five chapters of SL, with a plan – a concrete one – to finish it by next Wednesday. I’m also planning to finish EG in a week’s time. This book reading schedule is actually leaps and bounds beyond what I used to do – it used to take me two to three months to finish a single novel (I’m progressing! God is a progressive God!).

Lord, let my days of experiencing God propel me to true spiritual leadership…


… but first, please help me get over my lack of interest in books.

- - - - -

To Venus and Louie: Thanks for the books, guys. Thank you for sowing Kingdom seeds into my life. The Lord bless you and keep you, and return what you have sown in due time through a harvest of righteousness.

God bless you!

1 comment:

famosoguerrero said...

i am excited of what God is doing in the lives of His people nowadays...

i believe these things that you are about to grasp are something greater and something that really needs preparation..

I'm just thrilled to know what He has in store for you kya Mos :D