Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A New Season

During last night’s revival service, I got confirmation of many things that have been swimming in my head. It felt good to know that despite my shortcomings the Lord has graciously led me to the path that He wants me to walk on. Those confirmations were also assurances that my desire to be able to clearly hear God speak to me has been granted in ever increasing measure.

My pastor, Joseph DiSarno (my friends fondly call him Joe Di), mentioned in the midst of the service that he sees a changing of seasons. He sees it in the spiritual: a new season is coming. This confirmed what I have been sensing in my spirit: that the Lord is bringing me into a different season. I also sensed this changing of seasons in Maranatha Christian Fellowship (my congregation), the New Life Sounds Choir (one of the ministries I am involved in) and the Philippines (my beloved nation).

Another word I received last night was a confirmation of my decision to totally lay down something that I had been holding on to for quite some time. When one lays something down before the Lord, it has to die. And when something is dead, it has to stay dead... until God decides to resurrect it, or use it as a seed to grow more Christ-like qualities in one's character. Either way, the decision has already been made. This particular season in my life has ended. The rest is now up to God.

Thirdly, Pastor Nap, who shared the word last night, spoke on the need for change in the Philippines; that there needs to be a turning of the fathers' (the Elijahs') hearts to the children and the children's (the Elishas') hearts to the fathers. This one confirmed the Lord's recent reminder to me to pray for my nation, and to continue fasting and praying with my congregation until God pours out His justice on the Philippines.

- - - - -

A few days from now the Let the River Flow Prophetic Conference will take place here in Cebu. Stacey Campbell is coming and so is Pastor Jerome (Ocampo). Things are stirring up in the spiritual atmosphere in the Philippines, particularly in Cebu. I believe, along with my congregation, that God will unleash a prophetic word and anointing for the body of Christ in this nation. New oil that will bring the church -- and the country -- to a new level of faith and dependence on the Almighty God.

A new sesason is coming. The prophets are rising. And a new Philippines is just a matter of time.

No comments: