Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Victory is in His Righteous Right Hand

Francis Frangipane: "His Righteous Right Hand"

The Game of Life

Dream, 12/21/08:

I was in an airport waiting for a delayed flight when a group of men invited me to join their card game. Although in real life I would be uncomfortable playing cards for money, in the dream I not only joined them, but I was soon winning most of the hands. In fact, I had hundreds of dollars accumulated in just a few minutes. In response, the other players began to scheme against me. Yet in spite of this, I repeatedly came out on top. Even when I lost a few hands, I would then win big the next round so that I covered my occasional losses.

A fellow who knew I was a man of God saw me and chided me for gambling. I understood his concern, but the game had a prophetic dimension to it, and it seemed right that I should be playing. The fact was, no matter what cards I was dealt or how the other players conspired against me, I consistently won. Of course, I couldn't play presumptuously; I had to follow the rules and truly play the game. But I soon realized that the difference between my insufficient efforts and my amazing success was God. The Lord was actually on my side, working behind the scenes, helping me to emerge from the game like a champion.

Interpretation:

First, this was not a dream about God helping me gamble. It was a parable about winning at the game of life. I saw that, even when the cards are stacked against me, since God is with me, I inevitably will prosper. I also saw that when our faith is living, we have confidence. Confidence is the barometer of faith. God wants us confident in Him, regardless of our circumstances in life.

You see, too many of us are weighed down with doubt. This is vital, my friends, for our world has been baptized into fear, and fear is contagious. Many are quietly becoming so cautious that they are aren't moving spiritually. They still live moral lives, but they have no goals set before them, no vision. Yet, it is in this very season of increasing fear that the Lord desires for us to be increasingly confident. Remember, I'm not speaking of arrogance, but confidence. Hebrews says, "Do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward" (Hebrews 10:35).

For people with faith, this is actually a day of great opportunity. People are asking questions, and the fields are ripe for harvest. In a time when fear will cause men's hearts to fail, those who "know their God shall be strong, and do exploits" (Daniel 11:32). God wants you confident!

Those Who Overcome

You see, there is a difference between knowing doctrinally God is for us and actually believing the Most High is at our right hand. Listen to the Lord's promise:

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

If we genuinely trust Him, walk humbly, and persevere in faith, we will gain the upper hand no matter what circumstance or conspiracy is set against us.

One may argue, "Francis, you are delusional. No one can expect to win all the time."

The principle that God is with us, that ultimately we win if we do not lose faith, is a truth repeatedly declared throughout the Bible. Paul wrote, "God...always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place" (2 Corinthians 2:14). Underline those words "always" and "every place." Remember, Paul wrote 2 Corinthians under great duress (see chapter 1). Yet, in that very context, he said God "always leads us in triumph."

When I told my wife the dream, she said she had just been studying Romans 8:28. This verse reads: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God." As we set our hearts to simply love God, we will discern He is, in fact, working in us, through us, behind us and often in spite of us! Indeed, as I review my life, I have found that none of the weapons formed against me have prospered (see Isaiah 54). The Lord has always led me in Christ's triumph.

Now, I am not implying that I've never failed or that my mistakes are few and rare. No, I fail often and come short daily. I've had to fight for my life at times, and sometimes the fight took months and even years. Yet, God has always been there; He is at my right hand to cleanse, restore and empower me no matter what I have had challenge me. I can say with awe, "No weapon formed against me has prospered."

Even in times of sorrow, the Lord never forsakes us. The psalmist wrote, "Passing through the valley of Baca (weeping)," God transforms our weeping into "a spring," and covers our pain "with blessings" (Psalm 84:6). Ultimately, even death itself will be "swallowed up in victory" (1 Corinthians 15:54).

Beloved, when God is the source of our prosperity, we can never be defrauded by man. He who steals our money, never takes our wealth. As the world's economies wither and life's challenges multiply, let us reclaim our focus: our great wealth is God Himself! No matter what cards we're dealt, He promises, "I will uphold you with My righteous right hand!"


Francis Frangipane
Ministries of Francis Frangipane
Email: francis1@frangipane.org


ElijahList Publications
310 2nd Ave SE,
Albany, OR 97321
www.elijahlist.com
email: info@elijahlist.net
Phone 1-541-926-3250

No comments: