Thursday, November 13, 2008

DGen Lesson: Knowing the Names of Jehovah


Last month, I had the opportunity to do a more focused teaching on two of the guys in the cell group.

The topic that I shared with "Warrior and Follower of Christ" and "Tender-hearted One Whose Salvation is God" was about some of the names of God, the characteristics and promises attached to those names.

The Bible says in Proverbs 18:10 that "the name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe," and the emphasis during this cell group session was that knowing God through His names gives us security and confidence that the God we serves is a strong tower that we can run to for safety.

Here are the Jehovah names of God from the Bible.
[Bolded ones are the ones discussed during cell group time]


Jehovah
The Lord - Exodus 6:2-3

Jehovah-Adon Kal Ha'arets
Lord of Earth - Josh 3:13

Jehovah-Bara
Lord Creator - Isaiah 40:28

Jehovah-Chatsahi
Lord my Strength - Psalm 27:1

Jehovah-Chereb
Lord the Sword - Deut. 33:29

Jehovah-Eli
Lord my God - Psalm 18:2

Jehovah-Elyon
Lord Most High - Psalm 38:2

Jehovah-Gador Milchamah
Mighty in Battle - Ps 24:8

Jehovah-Ganan
Lord Our Defense - Ps 89:18

Jehovah-Go'el
Lord My Redeemer - Is. 49:26, 60:16

Jehovah-Hamelech
Lord King - Psalm 98:6

Jehovah-Hashopet
Lord My Judge - Judges 6:27

Jehovah-Helech 'Olam
Lord King Forever Ps10:16

Jehovah-Hoshe'ah
Lord Saves - Psalm 20:9

Jehovah-Jireh
Provider - Gen. 22:14, I John 4:9, Philip 4:19

Jehovah-Kabodhi
Lord my Glory - Psalm 3:3

Jehovah-Kanna
Lord Jealous - Ex 34:14

Jehovah-Keren-Yish'i
Horn of Salvation - Ps 18:2

Jehovah-M'Kaddesh
Sanctifier - I Corinthians 1:30

Jehovah-Machsi
Lord my Refuge - Psalm 91:9

Jehovah-Magen
Lord my Shield - Deut. 33:29

Jehovah-Ma'oz
Lord my Fortress - Jer. 16:19

Jehovah-Mephalti
Lord my Deliverer - Psalm 18:2

Jehovah-Metshodhathi
Lord my Fortress - Psalm 18:2

Jehovah-Misqabbi
Lord my High Tower - Psalm 18:2

Jehovah-M'gaddishcem
Lord my Sanctifier - Ex 31:13

Jehovah-Naheh
Lord who Smites - Ezekiel 7:9

Jehovah-Nissi
Banner - I Chronicles 29:11-13

Jehovah-Rohi
Shepherd - Psalm 23

Jehovah-Rophe
Healer - Isaiah 53:4,5

Jehovah-Sabaoth
Lord of Hosts - I Sam 1:3

Jehovah-Sel'i
Lord my Rock - Psalm 18:2

Jehovah-Shalom
Peace - Isaiah 9:6, Rom 8:31-35

Jehovah-Shammah
Present - Hebrews 13:5

Jehovah-Tsidkenu
Righteousness - I Cor 1:30

Jehovah-Tsori
Lord my Strength - Psalm 19:14

Jehovah-Yasha
Lord my Savior - Isaiah 49:26

Jehovah-'Ez-Lami
Lord my Strength - Ps 28:7

Jehovah-'Immeku
Lord Is With You - Judges 6:12

Jehovah-'Izoa Hakaboth
Lord Strong -Mighty - Ps 24:8

Jehovah-'Ori
Lord my Light - Psalm 27:1

Jehovah-'Uzam
Lord Strength in Trouble - Is 49:26


[this list is lifted from the Prayer Today website]

No comments: